Answered By: Bob Flatley
Last Updated: Mar 03, 2023     Views: 71

Generally speaking, you need to obtain permission before reproducing copyrighted materials for an academic coursepack. It's the instructor's obligation to obtain clearance for materials used in class. Instructors typically delegate this task to the university bookstore or copy shops.

One library-based option is to use E-Reserves - the library's electronic reserves system.

Another option is to find the articles you want your students to read in a library database and directly link from your course website to the Permalink" for those articles in the databases. Permalinking into the library databases is the least expensive option for you and for your students.

Contact your library liaison for assitance in finding your assigned journal articles or ebooks.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Questions? Click the Chat button below! If it says Offline click to send your question and contact info and we'll get back to you soon.